The management and school authorities of the University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) have released the results of the 2020/2021 Post-Utme Screening Examination. The results can now be accessed online on the UNIPORT result checker.
How to Check UNIPORT Post-UTME Result
As has been announced above, all UNIPORT aspirants who took part in the screening exercise of the institution are hereby informed that the results of the 2018 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) screening exercise into University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) have been officially released.
Candidates who participated in the exercise are therefore advised to check their screening results via the UNIPORT online post utme result checker.
UNIPORT 2020/2021 Post-UTME Results Checker:
Follow the steps and procedure below to check your 2020/2021 UNIPORT Post UTME result;
- Visit the UNIPORT post UTME portal at https://utmedetails.uniport.edu.ng/welcome_utme.php.
- Supply your Username and Password in the required columns.
- Then, click login to access your UNIPORT post UTME result.
Notice to UNIPORT Post UTME Candidates
It is public knowledge that the COVID-19 pandemic has caused a setback on a lot of activities, including delay in the Admission Exercise for the 2020/2021 Academic Session.
Following delays in the administration of the O’Level examinations for the year 2020 occasioned by the pandemic, the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) gave a directive that institutions intending to hold Post UTME should hold on until the examinations were concluded.
There is now a second wave of the pandemic. However, the University of Port Harcourt is set to begin the Admission Exercise and needs candidates to note the following:
- Due to the second wave of the COVID-19 pandemic which poses a challenge to the conduct of a physical Post UTME (screening) exercise, the University has screened its candidates using their O’Level results. This involved grading the candidates’ results.
- The University has approved a Screening Cut-off Score of 80. This Screening Cut-off Score qualifies a candidate for consideration while Programme Cut-offs qualify candidates for admission into the respective programmes. Furthermore, candidates’ Screening Scores would be added to their JAMB Scores to get their Average Scores. Candidates can check their Screening Scores by login into their Post-UTME portal.
- ONLY Candidates without screening scores are requested to forward Scanned Copies of their O’Level results to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org Candidates should boldly write on the left top corner of the scanned Olevel results, their JAMB Registration number and departments and use their faculty as the subject of the Email. Submission ends on Friday, 15th January, 2021.
- Candidates are expected to check the JAMB site and the University website regularly for their admission status and accept their admission on the JAMB site if admitted.
Best wishes and stay safe.
Dr. Dakoru Charles-Granville
The University of Port Harcourt offers Students and Scholars a unique experience that is evident in our quality research, teaching and community service which sets us apart from other Universities in Nigeria.
Our students are trained to engage in critical thinking that is central to proffering practical solutions to societal problems. Our expertise is widely-acknowledged in such specializations as Medicine, Social Sciences, Science, Education, Humanities and Engineering.
The Curricula are tailored in such a way that students embrace interdisciplinary approach to knowledge acquisition right from their first day on our Campus.
We are truly a global University with a competitive local edge. Staff and students from every part of the country and beyond teach and study in an ideal setting that is characterized by sensitivity to cultural diversity and respect for individual and group differences.
In Unique UNIPORT, the force and power of quality liberal education in all branches of learning gives us global relevance and a competitive local edge in the Nigerian University system.